Re: Linking to libcurl suppresses output in emacs shell on windows

From: K. Frank <kfrank29.c_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:54:11 -0400

Hi Daniel!

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Oct 2013, K. Frank wrote:
>
>> the output from the program no longer shows up in the emacs shell.
>
> Isn't this rather a question to emacs people?

Yes. I will take the liberty of cross-posting my original message to
the help-emacs-windows list.

> How can a program output
> something that doesn't get shown in the emacs shell?

Yes, it's quite puzzling to me.

> libcurl certainly doesn't do anything magic, as if you're using its default
> actions it simply sends the data to stdout.

That's certainly what I would expect (which is why I'm puzzled). If you
had told me that libcurl did something to reroute stdout, then things
might have made more sense,

> / daniel.haxx.se

Thanks for the confirmation that libcurl isn't doing anything fishy.

K. Frank