RE: Proposal + patch: add CURLOPT_CERTINFO to NSS

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 19:39:25 +0100

Kamil Dudka wrote:

Hi Kamil,

> thank you for working on this!

You're welcome. I think we should have such a feature on Fedora ;-)

> ... checked the verbose output with CURLOPT_CERTINFO enabled, and it
appeared to work just fine!

WARNING: the verbose output of the command line tool does not use
CERTINFO. It just sets the verbose mode that dumps server certificate
parameters: you should obtain such an output with most of the SSL
backends even if they don't support CERTINFO.

The only way you may test it is by writing a program, or compile the
curl cli tool replacing tool_operate.c by the crappy updated one in
attachement (for test purpose only: no commit !!!) that unconditionally
requests CERTINFO and dumps it.

Tell me if you're OK for commit, please.
Thanks for the tests and your attention.

Cheers,
Patrick