Many CLOSE_WAIT when handling lots of URLs

From: Shao, Shuchao <sshao_at_websense.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 06:47:17 +0000

Hello,

I am using curl-loader 0.56 (which using curl-7.24.0) to simulate 5000 users requesting 330K HTTP URLs (DNS will resolve these URLS to some internal servers), that works well.
But if I use the latest curl-7.33.0 to take place of the curl-7.24.0, there will be many CLOSE_WAIT on my curl-loader machine. Seems it is a bug introduced between 7.24.0 and 7.33.0.

If I set the 5000 users to request 330k URLs using IP address but not the DNS name, there will be no issue.

Do you have some idea what will result in this or give some instruction on how to debug this?

Thanks,
Simon

This message has been scanned and no issues discovered (7.8 sk27)