RE: Base64 decoding

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 00:27:14 +0000

On Sun, 3 Nov 2013, Steve Holme wrote:

> > > Hopefully the auto builds will start to return to normal now -
> > > unless there is anything else I have missed ;-)
> >
> > Commit cdccb422671a made test 1310 start to just hang for me.
> > I'll investigate.
>
> Thank you.
>
> I can't see anything immediately obvious from the test data but I
> will also investigate over the next 30 minutes or so.

I see that the test in question uses NTLM through the Winbind ntlm_auth
demon so I have been looking at the NTLM_WB_ENABLED code in http.

The while loop on line 792 / 793 is no longer required but I can't see that
being the problem - so be honest that whole section of code would be better
being moved into Curl_input_ntlm() so we don't have to check the prefix
twice ;-)

However, the type-2 message after the "WWW-Authenticate: NTLM" is what is
saved for later use by ntlm_auth when it needs to generate the type-3, so I
can't see what the problem is from looking at the code, my rather limited
knowledge of what ntlm_auth does and how information is passed to it /
retrieved back from it - but obviously this limited knowledge means I have
missed something :(

The only thing niggling me is whether the shell out to ntlm auth needs the
CRLF that would have been on the end of the base64 string or even just a LF
to make the swrite() work correctly?

So with that in mind, it's time for bed. I will continue to look at the
problem again this evening but if you find out anything else yourself please
let me know.

Kind Regards

Steve