Several download mirrors appear defunct

From: Colin Hogben <curl_at_pythontech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 13:57:48 +0000

Hi,

I was trying to download the 7.33.0 source tarball, using one of the
mirrors to save Daniel's bandwidth. However, the first four mirrors I
tried seem to be defunct - three (curl.smudge-it.co.uk,
curl.nedmirror.nl and www.online-mirror.de) redirect to domain-for-sale
pages and the other (www.mirrorspace.org) looks like a spammy wordpress
page. I checked the others (using "curl -I") and I believe the rest are
OK apart from curl.hostingzero.com, another domain-for-sale.

I'm not sure how the "verified" status of mirrors is implemented, but
maybe it is not filtering out 302's or text/html responses?

--
Colin