AW: Minor Change to make libcurl compatible with MSVC 2013 : fix provided

From: Torben Dannhauer <torben_at_dannhauer.info>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 08:57:32 +0100

Hi,

I do not have the error codes in mind (I finished that task a week ago).

If I remember right, it was some kind of missing type definitions, but I’m not sure. However…

stdint.h might be introduced in VS2010, but I cannot comment that since I completely skipped 2010 and jumped from VS2008 directly to VS2012 and now VS2013. Anyway, the important aspect is not the introduction of stdint.h but is the question what was moved/removed in VS2013 that makes it necessary to include stdint.h now – therefore I recommend “#if (_MSC_VER >= 1800)

”.

I have to admit: I don’t know. Somewhere in the VS includes one VS/C++ header which was included by curl seems no longer to depend on stdint.h, therefore we have to include it on our own (directly in curl) now. Another explanation is that MS removed the definitions, which does not sound reasonable.

Do you think the manual inclusion of stdint.h is inappropriate? If yes, please state what you recommend instead, so we can discuss about a solution.

The only thing I can offer currently is that I can recompile curl to provide you the exact error messages.

I hope no further steps are not required to get this fix integrated into curl, since libcurl is out of my scope (I’m compiling libcurl for the OpenSceneGraph Windows precompiled dependency package I provide, and curl is only optional to that).

I simply wanted to give my MSVC2013 changes back to you to make your project compatible to MSVC 2013.

Thanks for your effort, I really appreciate your feedback!

Warm regards,

Torben Dannhauer