Re: Problems cross compiling curl-7.33.0 with polarssl-1.3.2 support.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 22:29:56 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 7 Dec 2013, Nacho Man wrote:

> I believe the PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR or the PKG_CONFIG_PATH fixed the
> LDFLAGS="... /lib" problem from showing up in the config.log.

The original config.log file should give you some clues where that option came
from in the first place. But it seems like a good thing you managed to get rid
of it, as it certainly seemed wrong.

> When I run ./libtool --config from inside my build directory, I see
> something that maybe causing my problems.  It's this line here:

> # Run-time system search path for libraries.
> sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/lib /usr/lib"

I don't think so. libtool is just a tool and it should remain the same even if
you do a cross-compiled build and clearly lots of people manage to build curl
and libcurl cross-compiled using that libtool.

> This is the actual error:

> libtool: link: /usr/local/ps3dev/ppu/bin/powerpc64-ps3-elf-gcc -O2 -Wall
> -Wno-system-headers -o curl curl-tool_binmode.o curl-tool_bname.o

> curl-tool_writeout.o curl-tool_xattr.o ../lib/curl-strtoofft.o
> ../lib/curl-strdup.o ../lib/curl-rawstr.o ../lib/curl-nonblock.o
> -L/usr/local/ps3dev/ppu/lib -L/usr/local/ps3dev/portlibs/ppu/lib
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.a -lpolarssl -lz -lnet -lsysutil -lsysmodule -lm

> collect2: error: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

ld segfaulting sounds like a tool problem, as no matter what wrongs you do it
shouldn't crash like that.