RE: curl bug: ftp passwd with semicolon

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 00:17:44 +0000

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>>> I think separate options is something that we should consider.
>>
>> I'll work on that.
>
> Would you object to something like the attached patch?

The modifications themselves look good to me - except it undoes some of my
hard work :(

A bit of minor feedback:

1) I would modify the docs where it says:

To specify the password and login options, along with the user name, use the
\fICURLOPT_PASSWORD\fP and \fICURLOPT_AUTH_OPTIONS\fP options or
alternatively
use the older \CURLOPT_USERPWD\fP option instead. (Added in 7.19.1)

...to the following:

To specify the password and login options, along with the user name, use the
\fICURLOPT_PASSWORD\fP and \fICURLOPT_AUTH_OPTIONS\fP options.

...as that isn't quite true now.

2) I wouldn't include the bit about CURLOPT_OPTIONS being renamed, in the
commit comments, as that strictly speaking hasn't been released yet.

3) CURLOPT_OPTIONS will need updating in some of the OS400 files but Patrick
might be kind enough to do that after your commit ;-)

Will you also be introducing separate user and password command line
arguments to pass directly to CURLOPT_USER and CURLOPT_PASSWORD?

Kind Regards

Steve