Re: RTMP and RTMPS support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 23:18:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014, Von Hawkins wrote:

> My mission is to write a bit of C that can connect to an RTMP server that is
> SSL enabled with certificate-based client auth.  I think libcurl is probably
> a solid starting point as I have used curl for client auth HTTPS work for a
> couple of years and it advertises RTMP support.  I have not yet started to
> work on it as I'm still setting up an environment where I have my client
> cert available to curl, but I have  a few questions.
>
> 1.  Given that RTMP and SSL are both supported, is it likely that RTMPS will
> work with the curl commandline client?

I would think so. RTMP is one of the lesser used protocols in the curl family
so chances are big that you'll find it less documented and less tested with
less developers experienced with it.

But dive in and check it out!

> 2.  I assume I can use the curl client to produce a list of libcurl calls
> related to what I am doing.

Yes, with --libcurl.

> Is there another way to see the calls that libcurl supports?

ltrace is a fine Linux (and possibly other *nix systems) tool for tracing
library calls used by any executable you want to check.