Authentication procedure

From: Shao, Shuchao <sshao_at_websense.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 06:42:21 +0000

Libcurl send the authentication data with the first GET request, it is not like the IE, firefox etc. IE (firefox etc.) send the authentication data after receiving the 407/401 response code.
I think it is more reasonable send the authentication data after receiving 407/401 code. Consider the remote peer doesn't need authentication, it will make no sense sending the authentication
with the first GET request.
Seems it is very easy to change this behavior, just add a flag for if we receive the 407/401 code, and decide whether to send the authentication data on this flag. Do you think we need a patch for this change?

Thanks,
Shuchao