Re: MSVC SSL Package Questions

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 11:35:59 +0100

Hi,

On Jan 13, 2014 10:38 PM, "Tacker Timothy-FVB738" <
timothytacker_at_motorolasolutions.com> wrote:

> I would like to use libcurl with SSL support in Microsoft Visual Studio
2013.

> 1. Is it correct that the following "MSVC" packages are intended for use
in Visual Studio?
> http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz/?type=devel&os=Win32&flav=MSVC
>
> Also, I note that for the libcurl-7.19.3-win32-ssl-msvc.zip package, the
page indicates, "This package is not built from the latest version
available. This is version 7.19.3 while the latest source available has
version 7.34.0. This might be OK for you. If not, contact the maintainer of
this package (Frederic Elbin) and ask kindly for an update."

I would recommend to do your own build, it is very straight forward:

https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/master/winbuild/BUILD.WINDOWS.txt

Cheers,
Pierre