Re: libcurl multi interface - handling abnormal disconnections

From: Fabian Frank <fabian.frank.de_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 11:10:54 -0800

On Jan 27, 2014, at 3:28 AM, Jonathan Masters <jon_at_than.cc> wrote:
> That's right, it's the reconnection which takes time, so I want to
> reconnect and have the connection setup *before* the next time I need
> to make a request. I don't want to only realise the connection is down
> at the time the request comes in, which would mean I would have the
> delay of connecting and the delay of the request.

Instead of poking in the cURL code, it would probably be easier if you made a NOOP request to your server to achieve the same thing? If there is no connection, curl will reconnect to do the noop. If there still is a connection, you just have a few bytes going back and forth (and you’d probably need that anyway to be 100% sure the connection is still alive).

Regards,
Fabian