Using Libcurl With Smart Cards / Maintaining TLS Session ID

From: Joel Odom <joelodom_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 18:04:20 -0500

For my project I had to modify curl_schannel.c to perform client
authentication using smart cards on Windows. (Actually, it already
performed TLS client authentication, but my modifications allow the
user to select the client certificate to use instead of having Windows
select the credentials to use.) The libcurl community is welcome to
integrate these changes into the code base:

http://www.falconview.org/trac/FalconView/changeset?reponame=&new=15705%40FalconView&old=15704%40FalconView#file2

I do come with a question. Every time that I make a new request
(using HTTPS), libcurl renegotiates the TLS connection. When client
credentials are used, this causes the Windows certificate selection
dialog to open every time (thanks to my changes). What is the trick
to make libcurl save a session so that it can use the abbreviated TLS
handshake?

--
http://www.falconview.org/