old topic: EPSV vs PASV

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 22:01:55 +0100

Hi all,
I'm using a software [1] with a Skytraq gps device, and this code uses
internally libcurl for downloading AGPS data ...
the FTP download fails for me - probably Skytraq has meanwhile changed
their FTP server (now FileZilla server) and / or their firewall,
whatever ...
I can re-create the problem also with the curl commandline:
curl -v -O ftp://skytraq:skytraq@60.250.205.31/ephemeris/Eph.dat
if I use --disable-epsv the download works fine ...
a related topic came already up 3 years ago [2]; also I tested with wget
and no issue with the download ...

perhaps some others may test the above curl commandline and post here
results - might be that this issue is caused by my ISP, who knows ...

[1] https://code.google.com/p/skytraq-datalogger/
[2] http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-02/0059.html

thanks, Gün.