Re: Openssl crashing when linked against curl(multithreaded setup) in AIX 64 bit platform

From: Kamil Dudka <kdudka_at_redhat.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:12:32 +0100

On Monday, February 10, 2014 20:17:58 Arunav Sanyal wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> All right then I have a proposal:-
>
> Define a new Curl_easy_setopt option

Does it make sense to set the option per-handle if it acts globally?

> called CURLOPT_OPENSSL_THREADSAFETY
> REGISTRATION.and curl API user to set it to true or false depending on
> their requirement(by default it will be false)

Are we going to have also options CURLOPT_GNUTLS_THREADSAFETY, etc.?

IMHO, the option name should not be specific to a particular SSL backend.

We should also clearly document the meaning of such an option for SSL backends
that are thread-safe without external locking (like NSS).

Kamil