RE: --disable-manual broken

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 21:58:19 +0000

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> One of the recent tool changes has broken compiling
> with the --disable-manual option.

Sorry about that.

> Fixing it could be as simple as removing the #define in
> tool_hugehelp.h as that macro is redundant with the
> tool_hugehelp.c stub that's created in this case.

Marc's pushed a partial revert which I think should get the majority of
builds going ;-)

> But, I'm not sure off hand whether this would break any
> non-configure platforms.

Are there any build configurations that don't copy or include the stub file?
If there are then adding the #ifdef back into the tool_hugehelp.h and adding
a #ifdef USE_MANUAL around the stub in tool_hugehelp.c.cvs would also fix
the problem - I believe.

Alternatively we could add a #ifdef USE_MANUAL around the #include in
tool_operate.c and the code that uses it there but I think that clutters up
the code more.

Kind Regards

Steve