Re: Enhancements to mk-ca-bundle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 00:23:42 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014, Patrick Watson wrote:

Thanks for your interest and willingness to contribute!

> I noticed that there's also a vb script version that I somehow overlooked. I
> haven't updated that version, so I hope that won't be a blocker.

It really shouldn't be.

> That's correct, and what I was doing. Unfortunately, OpenSSL only supports
> doing a single hash at a time so we have to iteratively call it. For a
> single cert, that's not a problem, but when we do it ~150 times, it adds up.
> It's not a huge difference, but it is noticeable.

I think it is perfectly fine to do it like that and then have it as "room for
improvement" for the future. mk-ca-bundle is hopefully not ran very frequently
by many users so a little slower execusion should be of very little concern to
most users.