FW: Calling curl_multi_socket_action after unpausing is not intuitive

From: Damian Lezama <Damian.Lezama_at_riverbed.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:31:04 +0000

Hi,

I've found in an old thread that this was the decision, but as a new user of libcurl I fell in this trap. I was calling curl_multi_socket_action only after socket action or after timeout, in both cases because of an event I wait for in my main loop, and I wait for this events for libcurl.

Unpausing a transfer happens in a completely different part of the logic. It is still part of the main loop, or else things could get really complicated. What I expected to happen, was having my socket and/or timer callbacks called by curl when unpausing, so when I went into the wait again my state was correct.

Just my 2 cents, I believe many people will fall into the same trap, since the behavior is not intuitive.

Thanks,
Damian