Re: Compiling libcurl with C++ in code blocks

From: <chamburger1_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 09:38:06 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to use the libcurl library in my codeblocks IDE.

I didn't do any make files or anything, I just extracted the 7.35 files to my ide program fiel and then linked the include and lib files. I searched online to get a test prigram to see if I was successful and found this site https://www.hackthissite.org/articles/read/1078

i used teh first bit of code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <curl/curl.h>

int main()
{
curl_global_init( CURL_GLOBAL_ALL );
CURL * myHandle;
CURLcode result; // We’ll store the result of CURL’s webpage retrieval, for simple error checking.
myHandle = curl_easy_init ( ) ;
// Notice the lack of major error checking, for brevity
curl_easy_setopt(myHandle, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.example.com");
result = curl_easy_perform( myHandle );
curl_easy_cleanup( myHandle );
printf("LibCurl rules!\n");
return 0;
}
:
and it works.

Then I tried teh next one on that site with these headers added #include <curl/types.h>
#include <curl/easy.h>

But it didn't work.

I downloaded the curlpp wrapper but from there I am lost.