Re: Filtering the autobuilds page

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:43:39 +0100

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 09:40:59PM +0000, Steve Holme wrote:
> A few observations, which probably come under your "It's not perfect"
> statement:

"Perfect" refers to things like the drop-down arrow being slightly off-centre
in some browsers; it should be definitely be fully usable.

> a) The drop down box in both IE11 and Firefox 27.0.1 appeared fairly small -
> only large enough to display "al" from "all" and "M" from "Memory Tracking".

It works fine with Firefox 24 (as well as Chrome & Opera). I'll have to see
what has changed there. The idea was to make the button to press to get the
options just narrow enough to show the icon, but it sounds like those
browsers make the full list just as narrow. It sounds like that behaviour
is different in those browsers.

> b) Changing the selection caused the column width to jump around - I
> appreciate this columns are dynamic but would fixed width make more sense?

It's not supposed to be dynamic. It's probably related to a).

> c) Could you Camel or Sentence case the drop down list text (rather than
> some lower case items) such as "Al" and "Resolver" - personal preference I
> know ;-)

Good point--I'll make those consistent.

> d) Can we remove Krb4 from the Options description now that we don't support
> it?

It's been a long while since I've built with Kerberos. Can't the K be switched
to mean Kerberos5? I'm assuming that Krb5 is synonymous with GSS-API.

>>> Dan