RE: time to remove {src,lib}/Makefile.vc* ?

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:57:10 +0000

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014, ay Satiro wrote:

> > Am I right in thinking that we "currently" support building MSVC
> > from makefiles via:
>
> What about cmake, is that method still supported for MSVC? Several
> months ago Daniel said it was lagging behind.

I don't think any further work has been done with the cmake builds, so
Daniel's statement from then is still correct and looking at the
cmakelist.txt files the last commits are from July last year :(

Over the last three years of working with curl, I have maintained my own
Visual Studio project file for for vc7.1 and up supporting various build
configurations and some of the third party libraries that curl relies upon.

I think most MSVC users expect to work with project files rather than
makefiles or cmake so I am hopingto share these and add them to the repo for
the 7.37.0 release. I just need to figure a couple of things out and fix up
any issues so they are fit for public use ;-)

Kind Regards

Steve