stop curl, stop!

From: curler <curler_at_bladeshadow.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:03:30 -0500

Hi!

Suppose you've written a little (some other protocol to) HTTP proxy
using libcurl, and it's going to regularly receive and upload very
large files (tens of gigabytes). From time to time, these uploads
will fail part of the way through, for various reasons.

Clearly, there's some benefit to detecting the error early, and
aborting the curl connection... i.e. if you've uploaded 1GB of a 100GB
file, it makes very little sense to have to upload the entire 99
remaining gigabytes before curl returns with an error.

The question is, how do you do that cleanly? I can't find any way to
terminate the connection via the easy interface.

[In my particular case the upload end will stop sending data as soon
as the error is detected, so the problem is even worse--curl will sit
there and do nothing until it times out.]

Thanks