Re: Porting cURL into a new build system (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 14:23:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Kevin Ingwersen wrote:

> I am working on a fairly scaled project which uses a build system different
> to CMake or autoconf. Therefore I had a few questions, as I am not very good
> with reading configure.ac files, as I have never used it.

I would advice against it. You won't gain much but you put a lot of work on
yourself. It's better to just use what we have and build libcurl with that and
then make sure the rest of your setup build against that properly using
whatever.

> - What is the bare minimum configuration, and how to compile it by hand?
> Like, what does the config.h file (I guess configure would normaly create
> one) need so that cURL runs properly

See lib/*config.h for a whole range of pre-configured config.h versions. You
can also just run configure once and see what it generates for you.
lib/curl_config.h.in is the template configure uses when it generates the .h
file.

> and which sources would then need to be compiled?

All .c files under lib/. They all have suitable #ifdef protection to only get
used if suitable.

> - Which (-D)efines are needed during compilation, that are not passed into
> config.h?

Generally: none.