Issue with IMAP UID FETCH

From: Dionysios Kalofonos <peitemou_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:57:03 +0300

Hello,

I am writing you regarding the IMAP API and in particular the FETCH command.

According to the curl_easy_setopt documentation a FETCH request is made
with the URL

imap://user:password_at_mail.example.com/INBOX/;UID=1

However, even though in the URL we set a UID the command issued is FETCH
1 and not UID FETCH 1 which is inconsistent with the rfc3501.

I then tried to make a UID FETCH request through a
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST. However, the response handler for custom requests
(see imap.c:imap_state_list_resp) cannot handle the case where the
response returns continuation data. For example the custom request

UID FETCH 1 BODY[2]

would return to the client application

* 1 FETCH (UID 1 BODY[2] {3500}

even though the server had replied with