RE: Issue with IMAP UID FETCH

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:58:56 +0100

On Fri, 18 Apr 2014, Dionysios Kalofonos wrote:

> The benefits are 1) the API will be minimal, 2) the client will
> receive strings complying with the IMAP spec, and 3) the
> role of CURL is clear.

As it is the full untagged response - It also enables the client to inspect the content of it should they need to.

> The negatives are the API/ABI changes.

Mmmm. I take it you saw Daniel's take on API/ABI changes - Like Daniel I don't like doing this either but if we have it wrong / or it is a bug then we should correct it.

> Sorry for not having any answers. I think A is the best approach,
> even though it requires API changes.

I'll give it some more thought but at the moment I am in agreement with you especially as that is what we currently do for all the other commands - the complete untagged response is returned to the client!

Kind Regards

Steve