curl 7.36.0, configure.ac, pkg-config and nghttp2

From: Dilyan Palauzov <Dilyan.Palauzov_at_aegee.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 22:53:50 +0200

Hello,

I have installed my libnghttp2 in /usr/lib64, the corresponding .pc
file is in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig/, and /usr/bin/pkg-config is compiled
in such a way, that it searches for .pc files in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig
, when PKG_CONFIG_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR are unset.

Running curl 7.36.0/configure --with-nghttp2 calls
CURL_CHECK_PKGCONFIG("libnghttp2", "/lib/pkgconfig") from
acinclude.m4, which effectively sets PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR via
CURL_EXPORT_PCDIR to "/lib/pkgconfig", so that "pkg-config" isn't
looking anymore in /usr/lib64/pkgconfig and failes to find (there)
libnghttp2, even if it is perfectly correct installed.

Please asume, that the owner of the system where curl 7.36.0 is
./configure'd best knows how to set PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR and
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, or rahter not to set them, and that it is up to the
one who runs ./configure to have a properly installed pkg-config.

That said, please don't "export PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR", and remove the
macro CURL_EXPORT_PCDIR([$2]) from acinclude.m4:CURL_CHECK_PKGCONFIG .

The further, PKG_CONFIG_DIR is not mentioned in the whole source code
for pkg-config 0.28 , the instructions for Android in doc/INSTALL on
line 898 recommend setting that variable to "" and this fact is
suspicious.

Kind regards
   Dilyan