RE: Issue with IMAP UID FETCH

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 20:20:21 +0100

On Wed, 07 May 2014, Dionysios Kalofonos wrote:

> > > Is any of that going to affect parsing custom results from the header
> > > field? * ABC {123}\r\n the following 123 bytes aren't returned in the
> > > body so right now for example I have code like this to retrieve all
> > > subjects via FETCH that match "some subject" (curl 7.34.0):
> >
> > I think the short answer is no it shouldn't alter the output...
>
> I think the opposite will be the case...

But will it alter Ray's code?

> Now the CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST does not return any continuation
> data as it overrides the LIST handler. Hence, it returns only the first
part
> of the response up to the first \r\n. However, if we fix it, it will be
handled
> by the FETCH handler, which will return the whole response:
>
> * ABC {123}\r\nTHE 123 BYTES and the closing ')'

Yes that's the current limitation of the LIST command being used as a FETCH
and something that I forgot (and meant) to mention last night.

> So yes the 123 bytes will be part of the response.

Maybe I misunderstood Ray's question / code but...

The output will include the extra / continuation data but I don' think it
will break the parsing of the ABC {123} will it ??

Kind Regards

Steve