Re: Building libcurl with Borland BCC5.5 compiler

From: Jon Torrey <ntox101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 15:03:44 -0400

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the delay, I was away from the desk this afternoon. After
sending the e-mail I then realized, CRAP, I bet it would be beneficial to
say exactly what changes were made.

Here in summary are the changes. I am not 100% aware of the original
content of these lines so please bare with me :

Line 52 is :

SRCDIR = .;.\vtls (it used to just be . (current directory))

Lines 97-99 :

OBJS1 = .\$(CSOURCES:.c=.obj)
OBJS2 = $(OBJS1:vtls/=)
NOHYPHEN = $(OBJS2:-=_)

Notice the slash

Lines 144-147 :

$(OBJDIR):
@-$(RMDIR) $(OBJDIR)
@-$(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR)
@-$(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR)\vtls

The above change (144-147) I do not think is absolutely needed unless of
course we want to redirect those \vtls\*.c into \BCC_obj\vtls\*.obj

*>> **1) Is the additional include to include\curl necessary? Anything that
looks in that directory should already have the curl directory prefixed in
the #include statement*.

After this long process I now forget why I did that, and in fact, I doubt
it is even required. Maybe I was just playing it safe.

Regards,

JT