RTMP

From: Daniel Bell <john.mrdaniel.bell_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 03:12:15 -0700

Hello,

From the mailing list archive it is clear that RTMP is not used much and
thus will not be discussed with any real depth. Hopefully all of the work
getting the interface working with easy setup will aid us here.

This is a bit of an issue. I wish to use curl to interface with my RTMP
server.I have a box with a C++ application and an RTMP server. I want to
stream videos to the server.

Presently, my code can handle video files quite nicely and even encode them
in a char* on a frame by frame basis using Jpeg, png, PPM. PGM or PBM. How
do i use rtmp packets with curl? Security is not a real issue as this will
all happen behind a firewall on this box.

Here is an example to post a request. How does handling a series of frames
with RTMP compare with sending multiple requests? I am concerned that i
have data arriving in frames, not a stream.

CURL *curl();
char* char_data=NULL;
struct curl_slist *headers=NULL;
headers = curl_slist_append(headers, hContent.c_str());
char_data = (char*) malloc((strlen(data.c_str())+1) * sizeof(char));
strcpy_s(char_data, data.length() ,data.c_str());

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, url);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, headers);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, char_data);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, (long)strlen(char_data));
///* Now run off and do what you've been told! */
CURLcode res = curl_easy_perform(curl);
///* Check for errors */
if(res != CURLE_OK)
fprintf(stderr, "curl_easy_perform() failed: %s\n",
curl_easy_strerror(res));

///* clean up the FTP commands list */
curl_slist_free_all(headers);
///* always cleanup */
curl_easy_cleanup(curl);
curl_global_cleanup();

Does the Curl object presist? If i set it up, can i just change the
postfields on each iteration and thus send another frame?

Regards,

Daniel