Re: weak randomness with some TLS backends

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:23:11 +0200

On Thu, Jun 05, 2014 at 05:37:18PM -0700, Chris Ghormley wrote:
> On 6/4/2014 15:07, Dan Fandrich wrote:
>
> > The patch format looks fine, but since you're using git, creating a
> > patch with git format-patch would be even better.
> OK, I will resubmit when I have something that works.
>
> > Unfortunately, I get a core dump on test 304 with this patch, and a
> > failure on test 560.
> It was time for me to learn how to run the tests myself.

'make test' is all you need 90% of the time :^)

> What configuration line are you using? I get lots of fails when I just
> enable axTLS and do 'make test'. Do the same tests pass before the patch
> is applied with axTLS enabled?

I'm running some axTLS autobuilds, and you can see the configuration I use
there, for example http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20140606025237-17834
As you can see there I'm disabling test 405 as it hangs, and tests 311 and
313 consistently fail. IIRC, I used those same flags when I tested the
patch. You can run just the successful set of tests with

  make test TEST_Q='-a -p !311 !313 !405'

>>> Dan