RE: HTTP 1.1 is now RFC 7230 to RFC 7235

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 08:26:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Steve Holme wrote:

> I've updated the following page:
>
> http://curl.haxx.se/rfc/
>
> ...but is docs/RESOURCE used on the website as a) I can't find a link to it
> and b) its contents seems very light?

Yeah. The RESOURCES file is a bit forgotten and neglected I think.

> I appreciate docs/RESOURCE may be read by anyone downloading the source
> package / performing a git clone but should/could we generate it from the
> RFC specs page or should we maintain two lists and do they serve different
> purposes?

I think we can see quite easily that the two lists are far from the same so
clearly they are a bit confusing. We should probably have one of them just
point to the other. For the rfc/ one I started a long time ago and made local
copies of the relevant RFC documents, but I really don't see the point in
doing that anymore and I would rather make sure to point to the proper HTML
rendition of the documents on the IETF site.

Perhaps we can make sure RESOURCES gets up-to-date and then we can generate
the rfc/ stuff with that...