Re: HTTP 1.1 is now RFC 7230 to RFC 7235

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 08:33:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Alessandro Ghedini wrote:

> I'll bite then :) Attached is a more or less insignificant patch that
> updates the info messages when changing method on 301/302 (which is now
> allowed).

Thanks, merged and pushed!

> There may be more similarly small changes to be done, but I have just
> skimmed through the various "Changes from RFC 2616" and haven't really
> checked how curl handles all of that.

Yeah, I'd say there are more references to 2616 we can update now, and there
might be some functional changes we can consider but as the world's servers
didn't change suddenly change now I don't think there are too many. Perhaps a
few more in the style you just did where the messaging can now be done
differently.

libcurl does mostly already work according to the new spec as several
obsoleted things in RFC2616 were never implmented (nethier by us nor by most
others).

> Also, should the docs/RESOURCES and the various references to RFC2616 be
> updated as well?

Yes! docs/RESOURCES clearly needs a good cleanup in general as it lacks a lot
of references.