Re: options man pages (Re: the survey summary)

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:08:44 -0500

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> Here's a taste of what I have in mind. Here's a separate man page for
> CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION:

Looking good!

I know it's a little early to be nit-picking your rough draft, but
since this may become
the forerunner to several new man pages, here are a few thoughts...

- Pass a pointer to your callback function, as the prototype shows above.

+ Pass a pointer to your callback function, which should match the
prototype shown above.

- Return the number of bytes actually taken care of.

+ Your callback should return the number of bytes actually taken care of.

- This will cause the transfer to get aborted and return CURLE_WRITE_ERROR.

(I'm not sure how to word this one, but is it clear where
CURLE_WRITE_ERROR is returned, e.g. from curl_easy_perform?)

- The callback function can return CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE which then
will cause writing to this connection to become paused.

+ If your callback function returns CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE it will cause
this transfer to become paused.

- The maximum amount of body data that can be passed to the write
callback is defined in the curl.h header file:

+ The maximum amount of body data that will be passed to the write
callback is defined in the curl.h header file:

--
- Jeff