Re: NTLM request loops when CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE is set

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 20:35:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014, Frank Meier wrote:

> In our Application we normally do requests without HTTP keepalive
> (CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT and CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE set to 1).
>
> Now when we use NTLM this does not work anymore with this settings. I
> expected that libcurl would use the same connection for the NTLM
> authentication (type1) request and the following "real" (type3) request and
> then would drop the connection.

Yes, this is sort of a known issue. At least I know about it.

NTLM needs to do multiple requests over the same connection but due to lack
"state awareness", the CURLOPT_FORBID_REUSE will simply close connections
after a request even if it was the first one in a NTLM-series.

Feel free to take a stab at fixing this!