dead connections are not cleaned up on new requests (follow-up)

From: Jonatan Vela <jonatan.vela_at_ergon.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:43:07 +0200

Hello

Since my colleague Frank Meier is on vacations I continue the conversation
he startet 19th June 2014 (dead connections are not cleaned up on new
requests).
I just joined the mailing list, this is why I am not replying to the
original thread.

Frank sent a patch to fix the issue. Daniel Stenberg would like to merge
the patch but suggests to make sure the clean-up isn't done too often.

I am sending a second patch which makes sure that the clean-up is done
at most once per second.

I am also sending Frank's patch with the fixed code formatting issues.