Re: Patches to make testing external proxies more convenient

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 15:38:39 +0200

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote:

> Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote:
>
> > Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > > Thanks for keeping it up Fabian. I'm in favor of making sure that the curl
> > > test suite can be re-used for more purposes as I believe it can help improving
> > > more code and it will help the test suite and thus it also improves curl
> > > itself.
> >
> > Great. I'll look into making the patches more generic in the near feature.
>
> Attached are generic versions of the patches.

Additional patches are attached.

For my use case I only "need" patches 1 and 2 (and some of the
previous patches).

Patch 3 is convenient but the implementation could be considered ugly
and it could be replaced with a script that copies an existing test and
updates the test number on the fly.

Instead of patch 2, httpserver.pl's and sws's "--srcdir" arguments
could be renamed "--testdir". This would be a more intrusive change,
but it would make the purpose of the argument more obvious (unless I miss
something, srcdir is only used to derive the testdir) and wouldn't require
the testdir to be named "data".

Fabian