Re: Patches to make testing external proxies more convenient
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 15:38:39 +0200
Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de> wrote:
> > Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> > > On Wed, 21 May 2014, Fabian Keil wrote:
> > >
> > > > I'm still doing that and would like to get the required runtests.pl changes
> > > > upstream after making them more generic.
> > >
> > > Thanks for keeping it up Fabian. I'm in favor of making sure that the curl
> > > test suite can be re-used for more purposes as I believe it can help improving
> > > more code and it will help the test suite and thus it also improves curl
> > > itself.
> > Great. I'll look into making the patches more generic in the near feature.
> Attached are generic versions of the patches.
Additional patches are attached.
For my use case I only "need" patches 1 and 2 (and some of the
Patch 3 is convenient but the implementation could be considered ugly
and it could be replaced with a script that copies an existing test and
updates the test number on the fly.
Instead of patch 2, httpserver.pl's and sws's "--srcdir" arguments
could be renamed "--testdir". This would be a more intrusive change,
but it would make the purpose of the argument more obvious (unless I miss
something, srcdir is only used to derive the testdir) and wouldn't require
the testdir to be named "data".
- text/x-patch attachment: 0001-Allow-to-overwrite-TESTDIR-through-the-environment.patch
- text/x-patch attachment: 0002-runtests.pl-Let-runhttpserver-use-TESTDIR-instead-of.patch
- text/x-patch attachment: 0003-runtests.pl-Add-a-TESTNUMBER-variable-to-make-copyin.patch
- text/x-patch attachment: 0004-getpart.pm-Fix-a-comment-typo.patch
- text/x-patch attachment: 0005-runtests.pl-Don-t-expect-TESTDIR-DISABLED-to-exist.patch
- text/x-patch attachment: 0006-runtests.pl-Remove-filteroff-which-hasn-t-been-used-.patch
- application/pgp-signature attachment: signature.asc