Re: Error when doing FTP upload via http_proxy tunnel: "Transferred a partial file"

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 02:44:57 -0400

On 7/9/2014 5:24 AM, Ramprasad N wrote:
> Following is my build system configuration (64bit ubuntu 12.04). The
> customer's configuration is also the same but just that it is behind
> an unknown proxy server.
>
>> uname -a
> Linux ramprasad-VirtualBox 3.2.0-23-generic #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10
> 20:39:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>> curl -V
> curl 7.38.0-DEV (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.38.0-DEV
> OpenSSL/1.0.1 zlib/1.2.3.4 libidn/1.23 librtmp/2.3
> Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps
> pop3 pop3s rtmp rtsp smtp smtps telnet tftp
> Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP
>
> I compile using curl-config --static-libs
>
> The code which I had posted itself fails with "Transferred a partial
> file" error.
> The issue is not specific to any particular sample file.
> That same code works fine in my system via squid proxy (but when I
> tried FreeProxy, the FreeProxy service crashes almost every time. That
> doesn't happen with filezilla! so I switched to squid)
> I could not find what proxy is being used at the customer location.

Are you both using the same version of curl? What commit are you
building from? The code you had posted was different from the code you
said you had the problem which was not posted. You are now saying the
code you posted in your original message works fine on your system but
not on your customer's?

> I'll find out what proxy is being used from the customer and post it.
> Will changing any of those timeouts help?

If you have some freedom there maybe you can try using a different proxy
to see what happens. Changing which timeouts?