Re: getpwuid_r on Solaris and _POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS

From: dev <dev_at_cor0.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 12:46:20 -0400 (EDT)

On July 16, 2014 at 2:03 PM Tor Arntsen <kspt.tor_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 July 2014 17:28, David Woodhouse <dwmw2_at_infradead.org> wrote:
>
> > Do these autobuilds have GSSAPI support? I suspect not -- Solaris
> > appears
> > to ship with a krb5-config that doesn't understand 'krb5-config
> > gssapi'.
>
> My Solaris box (same as my two Solaris autobuilds) seems to suppor it:
>
> $ krb5-config --cflags --libs gssapi
> -I/opt/csw/include
> -L/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9 -R/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9 -D_REENTRANT -lpthread
> -lintl -L/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9 -L/opt/csw/lib/64 -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5
> -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl
>
> This krb5-config is from the blastwave freeware package though - I'm
> not aware of any native variant. My autobuilds depend on blastwave.

Dear Sir, I shutdown blastwave years ago when the OpenSolaris project
was
killed and Oracle lawyers started to lean on community projects :

    http://wesunsolve.net/

Blastwave had agreements and contracts with Sun Microsystems and Oracle
made every reasonable non-effort to kill that.

However I do have fully up to date software stack builds on Solaris 10
where everything is 64-bit Sparc and built on a baseline of Niagara T2
class hardware. So really you need to get away from the much older and
most likely very stale blastwave stuff. Either that or I re-open the old
Blastwave site and push out a whole stack of software. The guys over at
OpenCSW ( who lifted everything from Blastwave in 2008 ) have a lot of
updates but I don't know if any of it is 64-bit ready nor how reliable
it is.

Dennis