RE: spnego_mech_oid & krb5_mech_oid

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 20:54:13 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> why do consider them useless? I added them on purpose for not to
>> fiddle with the internal GSS structs. Mere symbolic names.
>>
>> What harm do they cause?

> They lead to mistakes exactly like mine when I searched for the
variable use but found none since it was used via defines instead.

> IMHO, the defines don't serve any useful purpose and they don't add
anything to a reader, thus they are in the way. That's the code approach
we use all through libcurl actually.

Of course, this would not be the case if they were really needed, i.e.:
as configure parameters. For the time being, I don't see a way (or even
a need) to have the (removed) #ifndefs fail, nor to set alternate values
to the defined symbols.

Good night,
Patrick