Re: Issue with http_chunks.c

From: Glen A Johnson Jr. <glenajohnsonjr_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:36:24 -0400

>Message: 5

>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:46:24 +0200 (CEST)

>From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se <mailto:daniel_at_haxx.se> >

>To: libcurl development <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se
<mailto:curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> >

>Subject: Re: Issue with http_chunks.c

<mailto:alpine.DEB.2.00.1407220841220.17148_at_tvnag.unkk.fr> >

>On Mon, 21 Jul 2014, Glen A Johnson Jr. wrote:

>> The project was imported with cmake so HAVE_CONFIG_H was defined at line
39

>> of curl_setup.h therefore curl_config.h (output from CMAKE) is used and
on

>> line 941 of curl_config.h ssize_t is defined as long.

>Urgh. Another bug in the cmake setup[1]. See the warning it outputs.

>Although my reading of CMakeLists.txt line 415 says it attempts to first
make

>sure size_t has the same size as long before it makes ssize_t equal long...

>Doesn't that work?

>[1] = https://github.com/bagder/curl/blob/master/docs/ROADMAP.md#remove

>--

> / daniel.haxx.se

Cmake was run with and configured a 32 bit set up on this since we need both
32 bit and 64 bit configurations as well as multiple versions of visual
studio. The 64 bit configuration was added from with visual studio.

I see in your roadmap you are looking to remove cmake support. If you were
not I would suggest doing less in the curl_config.h and not bypassing
config-win32 which addresses several issues other than the typedef of
ssize_t.

From my standpoint if had not seen cmake files when I first started using
libcurl a couple of years ago I would have looked further and found the
solution files under the projects folder and never have bothered with cmake,
thus saving myself a lot of time. I for one will not miss cmake.

Glen Johnson

Phone: 321-696-3122

Email: glenajohnsonjr_at_msn.com