Re: libcurl 7.37.1 and OpenSSL 1.0.1h: crashes on initialization on certain Windows 7 systems

From: Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev_at_ehrhardt.nl>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:17:04 +0200

Ulrich Telle in gmane.comp.web.curl.library (Thu, 14 Aug 2014 23:38:39
+0200):
>A few minutes ago I found the following bug report:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1401/#1be6
>
>For me it sounds like the problem with my application is very similar. At some
>place in the above thread a call to exit(1) is mentioned. And that's exactly
>what seems to happen, since the application terminates with exit code 1.
>
>According to the above mentioned thread there seem to be problems coming
>from the use of
>
>OPENSSL_config(NULL);

Try rebuilding libcurl 7.37.1 without that line 'OPENSSL_config(NULL)'.
If your application does not crash anymore you'll know for sure that
this line caused the problems.

You miht even try to remove the '#include <openssl/conf.h>', but I do
not think it will make any difference. This was the patch that caused my
problems with 7.37.1:

https://github.com/bagder/curl/commit/c50ce859187cabecee5470a95a51c35bf73d3c47

Jan