Re: lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42

From: dev <dev_at_cor0.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 01:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

On August 21, 2014 at 5:51 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Aug 2014, dev wrote:
>
> > I have been running nightly autobuilds for a few months and I do
> > glance
> > at the results from time to time. Which is to say I have neglected
> > to follow
> > up :-) and really fix or try to fix or single step or do something
> > dammit on
> > the only test failure I see on Solaris 10 :
> >
> > lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42
>
> Does this failure seem to happen pretty reliably? If so, then adding
> more
> logging or similar to the case could be helpful. Or of course
> single-stepping,
> but I suspect that this test has some time sensitive dependencies and
> I think
> that's a reason why this problem only shows up on some
> platforms/machines.

Always fails with the reliability of an atomic clock. So, pretty
reliable.

In fact, thanks to input from Dan Fandrich I now have IPv6 interfaces in
place. This seems to have reduced the level of "yellow" at the
autobuild
report page. :-)

Also, I just checked the results and both Solaris and AIX both return
a fail on test 1513 in the same way :

1) Solaris http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20140822033121-7139

test 1513...[return failure immediately from progress callback]

lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42
goto problem 2
exit FAILED
== Contents of files in the log/ dir after test 1513
=== Start of file stderr1513
=== End of file stderr1513

2) AIX http://curl.haxx.se/dev/log.cgi?id=20140822021731-12711

test 1513...[return failure immediately from progress callback]

lib1513 returned 7, when expecting 42
goto problem 2
exit FAILED
== Contents of files in the log/ dir after test 1513
=== Start of file http2_server.log
02:16:51.114787 [CTRL] CLOSING client socket
02:16:51.117294 [CTRL] CLOSING server socket
02:16:51.117353 [CTRL] ENDING
02:16:51.117393 ====> Client disconnect 1
02:16:51.122438 Wrote request (13 bytes) input to log/proxy.input
02:16:51.122530 Error removing lock file log/serverlogs.lock error: 2 No
such file or directory
=== End of file http2_server.log
=== Start of file proxy.input
[DISCONNECT]
=== End of file proxy.input
=== Start of file stderr1513
=== End of file stderr1513

I am beginning to think there is something afoot here other than just
a very consistent code failure.

Dennis