Query regarding SSL certificates not about libCurl

From: Arif Ali Saiyed <arif.ali.syed_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 23:30:03 +0530

Hello,
          Is there any simple way of telling libCurl to use host machine's
SSL certificate store? If its on Windows point to windows default cert
store if its on Mac point to Mac's cert store.

I am aware of the option CURLOPT_CAPATH, but not sure which path to give?
So my question is kinda outside curl its more about

1. Where OSx and Windows keep their certificates?
2. Is it one unified directory ? or its splitted in multiple locations?
3. Windows keep them in registry not in directory?
4. multiple browsers on same operating system use the same certificate
store or all of them have their on certificate store?

5. Do i need to worry about nss?

-Arif