RE: CURLE_ABORTED_BY_CALLBACK disconnects FTP session

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 14:15:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Sep 2014, LuĂ­s Pinto wrote:

> So I imagine it's not possible to send an ABOR ftp command to the server
> while curl_easy_perform is running? Or is it?

No it isn't. And it is a very unreliable way anyway since there are just too
many FTP server implemenations what don't read the control channel while
there's a data transfer going!

> Using passive mode I would think that we have the protocol channel free to
> send commands to the server, while a special socket handles the transfers in
> parallel..

You have that for both passive and active mode.

A long time ago we experimented with sending NOOP on the control channel
during transfers to improve how it survives, and that tought me FTP server
implementations often take shortcuts there.