RE: Curl timeout reached for POST request with size > 9MB

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:45:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Gaurav Rastogi -X (garastog - ARICENT TECHNOLOGIES MAURIITIUS LIMITED at Cisco) wrote:

> Could you explain me what do you mean by " It seems curl didn't get any data
> at all during those 30 seconds"?

The message from curl says it didn't get a single byte downloaded. It would
indicate that the transfer was cut before the server sent anything to curl,
presumably because curl was still uploading its data when the timeout hit.

> We have packaged the data in curl request and sending it in POST request.
> Pls help us to identify where we are missing the things. POST request is
> successful for data <9MB but timed out in case data > 9MB.

Isn't that simply because you don't give curl enough time to transfer those
9MB until you kill it for being too slow?