Zero-copy CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION/CURLOPT_READFUNCTION

From: Pashupati Kumar <pash_k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 00:12:11 -0700

Hi,

I am new to libcurI and still learning my ways around it. I have few
questions on it. I discovered that user needs to copy the data in write
call-back function and also the way our application behave, it will end up
doing copy during read call back function as well. This will be a big
draw-back as the application is data intensive. I came across an old mail
thread on avoiding copy for CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION. I don't know what was the
final outcome of it.

For read callback function, application data is available in scatter list of
buffers. This brings me to my next question. Can libcurl use scatter-gather
buffers?

Thanks

Pash