Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 109, Issue 31

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:56:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014, arif khan wrote:

> On linux I compiled with
> CFLAGS="-fPIC " ./configure --disable-ldap --without-zlib

> Not sure how to know which resolver is being used.

That'll pick the default synchronous resolver. You need
--enable-threaded-resolver or --enable-ares to use an asynchronous method.

> Tried to use curl tracing, but there is no tracing log when Couldn't
> resolve host is occured.

That sounds weird as I can easily see tracing info for this case:

$ curl -v asddasda.haxx.se
* Rebuilt URL to: asddasda.haxx.se/
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
* Could not resolve host: asddasda.haxx.se
* Closing connection 0
curl: (6) Could not resolve host: asddasda.haxx.se