Re: patch for file:// encoding on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 00:46:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 27 Sep 2014, clinton_at_elemtech.com wrote:

> Thanks for looking at them. I've updated the patches (see attached).

Can you please clarify the reason for the second patch and how it relates to
the topic "patch for file:// encoding on Windows" ?

The comments say it converts URLs to UTF-8 on windows. From what encoding?

It feels like something with a much larger scope than just file:// URLs that I
feel very scared of even considering. Please provide a proper motivation for
why we want this! URLs are not UTF-8, they're a sequence of bytes/octets.