Re: first post moderator delay

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 14:21:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2014, Michael Mueller wrote:

> I sent a request for assistance with a curl build problem 2 days ago. This
> was my first post so it went to moderation. Does it normally take 2 or more
> days for first posters to get through moderation? Any idea when the request
> might get through?

First, it is *very* unusual and I believe it hasn't happened in years. The
vast majority of all moderation needs are handled immediately, and almost
everyone within 12 hours (mostly those that arrive while I sleep).

the list. Local times from my log:

09/29/14 23:17:43 Mail from curl-library-owner to me about it
09/29/14 23:18:39 Mail from Michael Mueller about problem linking openssl libs

> Actually I'd like to respond to my own email as I've resolved the problem on
> my own. I do have some follow-up questions though. I'm also porting to
> Solaris today. It would be nice to have access to the mail list.

Your mail arrived to us and ended up in the archives two days ago. If it
didn't reach you then it is possible it ended up in your spam filter or that
something else failed in the delivery to you. I checked my logs but I couldn't
spot any particular problems. I got the mail fine and both mailing list
archivers did:

   http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2014-09/0196.html
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.curl.library/43708