Re: patch for file:// encoding on Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 14:06:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014, clinton_at_elemtech.com wrote:

>> "This problem" is at least two separate ones: 1 - what the URL should look
>> like to allow a unicode file name to get opened and 2 - have the actual file:
>> code understand and work with a file name provide according to (1).
>
> Thanks for the discussion. It seems like you only have concerns about the
> second patch. If percent encoded UTF-8 is used, then only the first patch is
> needed to fix the problem.
>
> Are you OK with that solution?

I think so, assuming it doesn't break old existing functionality and ways of
working. Do those function calls you use work in all Windows versions?

Then, please make sure that your code checks for failures and bails out nicely
on OOM or other errors with no memory leaks. I spotted at least two malloc()
calls...